Saturday, May 25, 2013

The Last Day :(


         Today is our last day in London L While I am sad to leave, there are some things I am looking forward to getting back to…i.e. sunshine and flip-flops!! Today I went on a walk known as the Millennium Mile, according to my travel book anyways. It is actually about two miles and I went past where it ended so I’m guessing I did close to three miles. It started at Houses of Parliament and Big Ben which I have seen already and then headed across the river. Here I could see the London Eye for the first time. It is really tall. We might go on that later tonight. The walk continued and I also passed the Sea Life London Aquarium, Waterloo Bridge, Blackfriars Bridge, and the Tate Modern, which is an Art Museum.



        I am a fan of the arts, as many of you already know, but I prefer things such as music and theater. I don’t really enjoy looking at still art as much as watching someone perform. The Tate Modern is full of artwork that I’m sure many people enjoy looking at and interpreting in their own way, but I personally did not really enjoy it. It was definitely an interesting experience and I am glad that I went, but it is not something I would do again. I would recommend going there, because there are many different pieces to see. 
        After the Tate Modern, I continued on my walk and came upon the Millennium Bridge, which is the bridge blown up in one of the last Harry Potter movies. I was glad to see it was all put back together! I really liked the design of the bridge. The next thing I saw was Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre. I wish I would have had the time and money to go to a play there, but it was still awesome to see. Next was the Southwark Cathedral which was also very beautiful. My travel book then said to go under the London Bridge and go back to the tube station, but I continued onward towards Tower Bridge. London Bridge is boring and looks like any other typical bridge, but Tower Bridge is brightly colored and unique with its towers. I’m definitely glad I went to that bridge, even though by this time I was completely soaked and my umbrella was broken (I forgot to mention that it has been raining all day). I then found a tube stop and headed towards the Monument stop. The Monument is literally right outside the tube stop I came out of which was nice since I basically just wanted a picture and then headed back to my hotel.







    Overall this has been an incredible trip. We leave tomorrow at 4a.m.!!! I am not looking forward to having to wake up at 3 nor am I ready for this trip to be over, but I can’t be on vacation all the time. I guess it is time to get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment