Saturday, May 18, 2013

Yay for being tourists!!


                Today started with a tour of the Houses of Parliament. Here, we were able to see where the Queen gets ready to start terms of parliament. The building is crazy old, I think he said it dates back to 1000 A.D. which is obviously a long time ago. When the Queen gets ready, she crowns herself with a crown that weighs over 2 pounds and has over 3000 diamonds. The Queen has only missed opening 2 sessions since she became Queen. The Queen enters the House of Lords and has someone go and get the House of Commons because she is not allowed to enter the House of Commons at all. There are over 700 Lords and over 600 members in the House of Commons. The most interesting thing I learned today was about Westminster Hall, in which only three people from the modern age have ever been allowed to address parliament. These people are the Pope, Nelson Mandela, and Barack Obama. Overall, this was an interesting tour and I’m glad we were able to do it but I am not interested in politics at all so it was not my favorite event.

                A group of us then decided to head to Camden Town, which others refer to as being sketchy and full of hippies, but I actually really enjoyed it. It was full of street vendors and one of my roommates got a tattoo. Many of the street vendors were selling Beats headphones for like 10-30 pounds!! All of us ended up getting some after some discussion with the vendors and getting the prices even lower. They might be fake, but they work really well, so oh well. I also got a really cute pair of boots for 11 pounds!!


                               
They are pretty awesome!! They are warm and waterproof, and surprisingly comfortable for a heel. I also got a new shirt that lights up to the beat of whatever sound there is, and there is not a design on it because I can write on it with any highlighter so I’m pretty excited to try it out. I think it will be perfect for my 21st this year!! We are now getting ready to head out for the night to a club so it should be a fun night!

No comments:

Post a Comment